WeTHRIVE! Mt. Healthy is an initiative in partnership with Hamilton County Public Health, to promote healthy living particularly as it relates to combating chronic disease, creating an environment where residents of all ages can thrive! Current projects include:
- 2018 Walking Club with incentives and prizes (see below).
- D-Check! Free Blood Glucose Screening program in partnership with CVS & Walgreens.
- 1-mile, 2-mile, and 3-mile marked walking paths thanks to Assumption’s Boy Scout Troop 27.
- Youth Sports programs including Dance & Drill Team, & Double-Dutch (ages 6+ free).
- North Hill United SAY soccer (recreational, ages 4-13, scholarships available).
- Ohio Department of Transportation’s Safe Routes to School Travel Plan, to increase the safety of our students walking, biking, and riding to and from school.
- Furnished Lactation Room located in City Hall for staff, residents, and visitors thanks to Hamilton County Public Health funded by ODH Ohio Department of Health Child and Family Health Services).
- Annual Health & Safety Fair.
- Distribution of literature related to chronic disease prevention and healthy living at businesses, organization, and events throughout the city.
- Community Health Survey.
WeTHRIVE! Mt. Healthy Walking Club – May 1 – October 15, 2018
- Pick up a tracker. (Available at Library & City Administrative Office)
- Track your miles each month.
- Turn in your completed tracker and Pick up your prize! (At City Administrative Office, 24 hour drop box, or at WeTHRIVE! Events)
- Complete a tracker all 5 months and earn a chance to win a FitBit or 2019 Family Pool Pass!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Age –8+ for pedometers/prizes.
- 2,000 steps = 1 mile = 20 minutes of physical activity (dance, yoga, lifting, martial arts, biking, your choice & your ability).
- Min 20 miles/month = eligible for prize, Participation all 5 months to be eligible for grand prize.
- Folks can use their own FitBit/Smart Phone/etc.
- Pick up cards at library – (open hours) or city hall (open hours) May 1 through October 1.
- Drop off completed cards to exchange for incentives at city hall (open hours)
- Prizes limited to first 100 people per month.
- Listing of incentives –Turn in month June = cinch sack, July = 1 Day Pool Pass, August = bottled water and bar. September, October TBD. Grand Prize Participation each month eligible for drawing for FitBit or Family Pool Pass.
- Club runs May 1 – October 1 each year.
Final cards must be turned in October 15, 2018 for final drawing.