Next WeTHRIVE! Team Meeting: Wednesday, July 19, 6:00 to 7:30 p.m., Mt. Healthy City Council Chambers, 7700 Perry Street. 45231.
WeTHRIVE! Mt. Healthy is an initiative in partnership with Hamilton County Public Health, to promote healthy living particularly as it relates to combating chronic disease, creating an environment where residents of all ages can thrive! Current projects include:
- 2017 Walking Club with incentives and prizes (see below).
- D-Check! Free Blood Glucose Screening program in partnership with CVS & Walgreens.
- 1-mile, 2-mile, and 3-mile marked walking paths thanks to Assumption’s Boy Scout Troop 27.
- Youth Sports programs including Dance & Drill Team, Double-Dutch, & Basketball ( ages 6+ free).
- North Hill United SAY soccer (recreational, ages 4-13, scholarships available).
- Ohio Department of Transportation’s Safe Routes to School Travel Plan, to increase the safety of our students walking, biking, and riding to and from school.
- Community Garden serving the Mt. Healthy Alliance Food Pantry.
- Senior Garden at The Christian Village of Mt. Healthy with free gardening classes open to the community.
- Furnished Lactation Room located in City Hall for staff, residents, and visitors thanks to Hamilton County Public Health funded by ODH Ohio Department of Health Child and Family Health Services).
- Annual Health & Safety Fair.
- Distribution of literature related to chronic disease prevention and healthy living at businesses, organization, and events throughout the city.
- Community Health Survey.